Here is the brief guide for you as a beginner of body building:
- Measure your body, how many cm in circumference your biceps, chest, etc.
- Train your entire body, including legs, even if you want to show your upper body only, because it will help the production of growth hormone as a whole reply will help build all muscles.
- Keep in mind that we will not be able to get a ‘six-pack’ while bulking (thicken muscle).
- Keep practice your abdominal muscles but keep in mind that to show six pack is after we thinned the layer of fat on the abdomen with a diet.
- Virtually no way to thicken muscle (Bulking) and remove fat (cutting) are done at once.
- Do not expect too much, like will increase the weight of 10 kg in 1-2 months. Additions 0.5 – 1lb per week of lean muscle mass is very good.
- Find out your body type to determine your diet strategy
- In general, we need 18 calorie/pound body weight
- Use a standard 40% protein, 40% carbohydrates, 20% fat. Adjust to your body needs (different each person)
- For carbohydrates, choose complex carbohydrates than simple sugar
- For fats, avoid saturated fat, choose good fat such as flax seed, fish, peanut butter, or olive oil
- Drink as much water as possible
- It is better to have excess calories than the lack of, especially for the ectomorph body type. We can further adjust calories if too much of the fat will begin to appear when we look in the mirror
- Train each your muscles once a week as intensive as possible, and keep not to exceed 1 hour
- 45-55 minutes is the window of our progress, more than that the body will become catabolic
- Do not feel if muscle pain is missing that it means that we may train the same muscles the next day, the body needs rest to grow
- The body does not develop when we do the training in the gym, but when we take a rest, give your body time to rest
- Do not force the body, train, eat and rest, and the growth will come
- Take a full week off every 8 weeks, and returned with a different exercise variations
- Do not forget stretching and warming up before exercise to avoid injury
- Take about 90 to 120 seconds between sets
- Note the right movement
- Start with a compound movement and end with an isolation
- After 2 to 3 sets to warm up, start and go heavy for a round, 3 sets to failure
- Record your progress so that it can be seen how far our progress is
- Multivitamins with enough vitamin C
- Try Creatine, Glutamine and ZMA
- Whey Protein is a must but try protein from real food is also fulfilled
Source by Teddy Hariadi